FOR COLLEGES – Policy and Procedures
It’s time for the Columbus Suburban College Fair! We hope that this program will be worthwhile for you and the institution you represent. The Columbus Suburban Fair is, we believe, one of the finest college fair programs in the state of Ohio. In an effort to provide each student attending the program an opportunity to review each college on its own merits, we are asking that you adhere to the following guidelines. These guidelines are consistent with the guidelines developed by the National Association of College Admission Counseling (NACAC) for the National College Fair programs.
- Because each college is provided with a 6-foot table, we request that you have no more than 3 representatives in attendance. If your institution is provided with additional table space because of an anticipated high level of interest, we ask that you adequately staff each table.
- Table display should be no more than 3 feet by 3 feet and may be placed only on the table. (There is not sufficient space behind the table for larger displays.)
- All college representatives are required to stand behind their college tables when interacting with students. (Restroom stops are, of course, allowable. Our main concern is that representatives not stand in front of tables or in aisles, therefore restricting the flow of traffic.)
- Electrical outlets are not available in the Clements Center. Therefore, video displays, films, etc., cannot be accommodated.
- All representatives are invited to our buffet dinner beginning at 11:15 a.m. Iced water will be served to representatives at their tables during the fair. Our program begins officially at 1:00 pm, but we ask representatives to be at their tables no later than 12:45 pm.
- Our communication with your institution will be through your Admission Office. Alumni representatives who wish to represent a particular college should contact the Admission Office of the college they wish to represent for information and approval to represent that college. We strongly recommend that alumni representatives familiarize themselves with current admission and financial aid policies.
- Plastic bags, calendars, bumper stickers, buttons, pennants, posters, candy, or any other advertising or promotional material may not be distributed at the tables.
Thank you for cooperating in our effort to continue to provide an excellent service to our students.