FOR STUDENTS – College Fair Preparation
- Look over the list of colleges participating in this year’s fair. Target a few you want to see. The college tables are arranged alphabetically.
- NEW THIS YEAR – MyFutureMascot. Using your smartphone text MASCOT to 75644. In the reply text sent to your phone, click the link and complete your profile ONCE. This step is important. Each college has a 4 digit code printed on our flyer and displayed on its table at the fair. After you submit your profile on your smartphone, just text the 4 digit code of your interested colleges one by one to 75644. All your selected colleges will receive your information instantly. You need not bring any printed address labels or QR codes or complete inquiry cards at the college fair. Continue to text additional college codes at the fair or even after from the list on the flyer. For more information on this technology visit https://instantinfo.net.
- At the college Fair introduce yourself to the college representative. Shake his/her hand. Make eye contact. He/She might ask you to fill out an interest card or sign your name to a list.
- Ask questions that aren’t answered in books or literature such as, “How do you assign roommates in the dorms?” or “Is it hard to change majors at the college?”
- Make sure you have the college representative’s name, telephone number and e-mail address. This is your personal contact at this college.
- Remember to say “Thank You!” when you finish your conversations.
- Give yourself some time just to walk around the tables. Learn about new colleges and their services.
Back to Top