FOR STUDENTS – Questions to ask
- Do faculty make time for individual students? Are they accessible outside of class?
- Do many students go home on week-ends?
- Are there athletic facilities that are open to all students?
- Does the college have academic programs that fit my several current interests?
- Do the dorms have network wireless access so I can access the Internet and my e-mail?
- Are many classes taught over the Internet instead of in classrooms?
- Will I have access to special equipment (such as an electron microscope) as a first-year student?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the college’s advising system?
- How many students will there be in courses I’m likely to take in my first year? Are those courses taught by professors or by graduate assistants?
- What kinds of campus jobs are available for first-year students?
- Will there be any new programs or facilities in the next two years?
Back to Top