FOR STUDENTS – College Fair Preparation
- Look over the list of colleges participating in this year’s fair. Target a few you want to see. The college tables are arranged alphabetically.
- MyFutureMascot: Before the fair, pre-register with MyFutureMascot. Using your smartphone TEXT MASCOT to 75644. In the reply text sent to your phone, click the link and complete your profile ONCE. Each college has a 4 digit code displayed on its table at the fair. Just text the 4 digit code of your interested colleges one by one to 75644. All your selected colleges will receive your information instantly. More information on this technology can be found here.
- At the College Fair, introduce yourself to the college representative. Shake his/her hand. Make eye contact. He/She might ask you to fill out an interest card or sign your name to a list.
- Ask questions that aren’t answered in books or literature such as, “How do you assign roommates in the dorms?” or “Is it hard to change majors at the college?”
- Make sure you have the college representative’s name, telephone number, and e-mail address. This is your personal contact at this college.
- Remember to say “Thank You!” when you finish your conversations.
- Give yourself some time just to walk around the tables. Learn about new colleges and their services.
Back to Top